Hood feminism : notes from the women that a movement forgot / Mikki Kendall.
"A collection of essays taking aim at the legitimacy of the modern feminist movement, arguing that it has chronically failed to address the needs of all but a few women"-- Provided by publisher. In this collection of essays, Kendall takes aim at the legitimacy of the modern feminist movement. She ar...
[New York, New York] :
|Physical Description:||xviii, 267 pages ; 22 cm|
- Solidarity is still for white women
- Gun violence
- Of #FastTailedGirls and freedom
- It's raining patriarchy
- How to write about black women
- Pretty for a ...
- Black girls don't have eating disorders
- The fetishization of fierce
- The hood doesn't hate smart people
- Missing and murdered
- Fear and feminism
- Race, poverty, and politics
- Reproductive justice, eugenics, and maternal mortality
- Parenting while marginalized
- Allies, anger, and accomplices.